FIFTY NINTH INSTALMENT


Adam called a few times after our date and I didn't really want to talk as I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to be the one who helped break someone's heart. I heard her on the other end of the phone whilst Adam was talking to her she seemed to be a mess. Adam kept calling and speaking with Tina but each time I told her to tell him I wasn't in.

Each morning before I took Ava to Kindy I would get up early 5am to go to the gym. Jodie and I would never miss a day. I would go 3 times a day. I was focused it was there that I always felt at ease. 5am I would train with the clearance divers doing a circuit. We would train for 1.5 hours then I would go home and prepare breakfast and then get Ava ready for Kindy. I would drop Ava at Kindy and go back for 2 hours and do cardio whilst listening to music. Then I would go home clean and do the washing have lunch and head back and do weights.

One day when we were going back for round three Jodie was sitting on my feet whilst I did sit-ups with weights, I was up to about 80 when Jodie moved quickly and I fell backwards. "Jodie! I'm not finished" I said a bit shocked as she had never don't this before. "I'm going for a break" she said smiling then looking towards the door, I put the weight down and when I turned back I saw white pants and that oh to familiar smell of cooking. I slowly raised my eyes to see Adam standing in front of me with his hand out ready to give me a lift up. I just stared for a minute then I grabbed his hand and allowed him to help me up. I grabbed my towel and wiped my face as I had been perspiring quite a bit. I turned around to see him smiling at me. 

"Emily, you have been avoiding me" he said quietly almost a whisper. There was no one else in the weight room thank god as I felt so embarrassed and completely not dressed to see Adam "No, not really" I replied " how did you know I was here?" I asked. My first thought was that Tina had told him as she was sick of lying for me. " I remembered the first night we spoke all night, you told me your routine and considering you weren't answering my calls I decided to come find you here"he responded. " I can't be the other woman Adam, I can help break someone else's heart, I really do like you but I just can't do that to someone" I said as a matter of fact. I was being strong even though I wanted to run up and hug him and never let him go. I was trying really hard not to show my emotions. I don't know how well I was doing but I thought I was doing well. My entire being wanted to be with him but my head was saying "No". 

"Emily! Your not that woman.. I broke it off with her already. I have spoken to her since and told her it is just not going to work. We are ok now she had time to calm down and she understands." Adam really believed what he was saying but I was female and I knew that inside she would be breaking or at least I know I would be. We women are funny creatures, what you see on the outside is not always what is on the inside. I didn't bother saying it to Adam as he had made his mind up. "I tell you what Emily. If you don't say yes to being my lady then I am going to turn up here everyday for the rest of my life until you do" he said to me so tenderly. I was melting inside but still not convinced I was doing the right thing. "Emily, please say something, anything, actually say you will be my lady" he wasn't begging he was just wanting me to say yes and to be honest that is exactly what I wanted to say. " can I tell you something?" He said as I stood silently. I nodded. "I was only seeing her a short while and to be honest if I loved her I would never have spoke to you or taken you out, I have never felt this way about another person and it scares me and usually I am arrogant but with you I couldn't do it. From the moment I saw your eyes I thought that is the girl I want to be with. If we don't give this a try I know we will regret it forever." He stated. He please his case and he did it well.  What girl wouldn't fall for this? I have never had someone speak that way to me. I truly melted he had me hook line and sinker. He didn't ask me this time he leant down and embarrassed me and kissed me passionately. I melted in his arms. "Yes" I said after our lips finally parted. He smiled this huge smile and said "I am so glad you said yes, I would probably get charged for being AWOL if I had to come up every day and spend the entire time you trained trying to convince you to give us a chance" I smiled and we kissed again.

Jodie walked back in after almost an hour. I am not sure where she went but she walked in as we were still kissing. "Woah! Get a room you two" she said laughing as she walked towards us. "Glad to see you two finally together. I can't believe it has taken you so long. You look awesome together" she said smiling. I could tell she meant it. It meant a lot to hear this from someone that I had told about Adam and his Ex and how I felt. She approved and I was to find out so did just about everyone else.

"I have to head back Emily but I would love to come and see you later if it's ok?" Adam sort of asked. "It's fine" I said we still had not let go of each other. He leant down and his lips touched mine. I really didn't want to move now. He said goodbye and winked at me. "I will see you soon" he said whilst walking towards the door he had my hand and our hand reached out until just our finger tips were touching. My heart raced and when I thought he was gone I jumped up and down quietly screaming "eeeekkkkk" (yes you can quietly squeal, all you girls know that). Jodie and hugged. "I am so happy for you Emily, really you deserve this!" She said genuinely. I could wipe the smile off my face. "Now! Get down there and finish your sit-ups miss, we have so much more work to do" Jodie was laughing as she said it and I conformed but all I could think about was seeing Adam again and it was going to be that night......

0 comments:

Post a Comment