SEVENTY EIGHTH INSTALMENT

We arrived at our local doctors surgery not long later. The Police had called ahead so we could go straight it. I was so nervous. I can't say I wasn't worried about what people would think as I was a young Mother as all of Ava's life people would look at me with that thought "she is way to young to have a baby" but I held my head high as I had always put Ava first. 

It's funny when people talk to me now about teen Mums I jump and get defensive. If a young girl came and told me know that she was pregnant I would tell her to think about it long and hard, there will be more on that later right now let's get back to the doctors.

We got to the counter and spoke to the receptionist, as soon as I told her our names she directed a to a room at the back of the surgery. The room was where they did minor surgeries and dealt with broken bones etc. Ava popped herself up on the bed and a huge smile came across her face. Ava always liked being the centre of attention and today was way out there. She must have felt so special as everyone she met just wanted to chat with her and her alone. As I looked at her I made myself smile and held her hand. She was not one bit concerned as she had no idea really why we were there even though I had told he the doctor needs to check her Pippy. Ava trusted adults especially Police and Doctors as they are helpers. We waited forever or that's how it felt.

"Emily!" A voice came from behind the curtain. 

"Yes that's me" I responded with my voice shaking.

"I'm doctor Newman, I'll be attending Ava today" he said. A tear rolled down my cheek. He put his hand on my arm to make me feel better.

"Ava, can I borrow your Mummy for a minute" he asked.

"Yep!" Ava replied giggling. I looked at Tina as if to ask her to watch Ava she read me well and just nodded.

Walking out of the room and in to the doctors room I had my head down and the tears would not stop. He was going to talk about IT!!

Dr Newman closed the door and guided me to a chair where he sat opposite me. I started to cry uncontrollably. 

"It's ok Emily, when your ready" I finally pulled myself together and was able to relay to him what  Ava had told me.

"OK so from what the you have told me and what the Police have stated there is a really good chance that her hymen will be intact" I must have looked at him like a deer in headlights. What the hell was a Hymen and why was that good? He obviously realized that I didn't know what he was talking about.

"The Hymen is a membrane the covers the vagina. If this in tact it tells us that the person is still a virgin, in other words they have not been penetrated" at this stage I was shaking. I don't remember the rest of that conversation but I do remember going back in to the surgery and seeing Ava sitting up like madam muck in the bed.

"Hello Ava, do you know why you are here?" Doctor Newman said whilst leaning over Ava. 

"Yep, Mummy told me you have to check my puppy is ok" at this I gulped hearing this little girl state this without even a care in the world and so matter of fact.

"Your Mummy right. Mummy you can stay if you want too or I can get a nurse" I looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Mummy, you have to stay here with me" Ava said. I wanted to be there but I didn't want this to happen to my little girl. I was feeing ill but I was not going anywhere and I wanted Tina to stay also but Doctor Newman asked her to wait outside.

Doctor Newman got me to take off Ava's panties. I didn't cry because I didn't want her to think this was as big a deal as it was. If she could do this, I could hold it together. A sheet was put over her little legs. Doctor Newman was having a look as I held her little had. I don't know what happened under that sheet but Ava didn't seem worried. It didn't take long and he asked me to call Tina back in so we could go and chat again.

We sat back down in his room and he said

"Good news Emily, Ava has not been penetrated" Good News?? None of this should have ever happened but I guess in this situation this is Good news. I did sigh I remember that clearly. 

"OK, so what now? Does that mean nothing happened?" What just came out of my mouth? Why did I say that? Maybe because I wanted it to be a lie. I know this sounds bad but I really wanted this to be a lie but I knew in my heart of hearts it wasn't.

"No Emily, that is not what I am saying. The police believe Ava as what she said no person her age could know that"

"So where to from here?"

"Now I write up my report and send through to Fremantle Police Station. From there it is up to them. Just know that Ava is fine" I sat there for a while before saying thank you and leaving to go to take Ava home....

0 comments:

Post a Comment