SIXTY NINTH INSTALMENT



For the rest of the night we danced and drank. We met some really hot guys and decided to go on to a late night club. I had been there many times with the girls and the owner had a little crush on me. 
Every time I walked in he would get his girls to get me drinks. I never paid and either did anyone with me. I always flirted a little but back then I was just being me. This night one of the guys with us wanted to try a flaming Lamborghini, I got it for him and if you have ever seen this drink in action you know that you NEVER ! Drink this when you have had drinks previously. No sooner had he downed the drink and he free fell backwards. There were giggles but also some concern. He wasn't out for long but after that he stuck to water.

Adam had followed us to the club and one of the girls pointed it out to me. I did have a lot of drinks that night, I saw a guy that I knew from my time with Grant. He had attended our engagement party. Jamie was a looker over six foot tall,dark hair, tanned and dark eyes. He was such a nice guy and I had always had a secret crush on him. I walked up to him as I knew that he was no longer with his girlfriend and we danced together. I was making Adam jealous and it felt good. Jamie was monopolising my time and the girls dragged me away. Jamie got my number before I left. 

The club was about to close so we decided to go back to our place and continue our night. We all piled in to a taxi.

When we got back the girls told me how upset Adam look and as girls do we laughed about it. I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me. I seemed strong but to be honest inside I was feeling sick that I was doing this as it was not me.

When I finally got in to bed I cried and wished only bad things for Adam. I wish he would hurt like I did. I wished him nothing but pain and as far as Donna was concerned she was very lucky that I didn't see her that night.

The next weekend we went out again. The pub was packed. I hadn't seen so many people in the pub for a very long time. We all strutted around as we did exuding confidence. I may have come across as a bit of a snob to men as I really didn't want anyone to hurt me again. Tina and I walked upstairs to play a one the pool tables there as the one in the beer garden were taken. We put our money on the table and waited for all the other girls to join us. 

When the music died down I heard Adams voice. Funnily enough I could make out that voice anywhere. I spun around and saw Donna standing there with him. She walked over to me "stay away from Adam bitch!" She shouted. I walked in close to her put my face about and inch from her face and said very calmly "let me tell you something for nothing sweetheart! Turn yourself around and waddle off or I am going to take your head off your shoulders. If you EVER come near me again or speak a word to me again I will not be having this conversation and that is a promise" I took a step back still staring at her. She spun around really quickly and ran over to Adam. Tina and Kelly were right there and just heard what I said as I turned around they smiled "handled well Emily! Very well" Tina said she was proud. We started to play pool and the entire time Adam and Donna were watching us. I looked up every now and then. After about an hour Donna had disappeared and Adam walked over to me. "Can we talk Emily?" He said standing close to me. My heart raced, my emotions were everywhere. I wanted to cry and ask him why but I knew I wouldn't get an answer. "Go away Adam, you scumbag" Kelly projected her voice from behind. "It's ok Kelly" I said. 

"What do you want Adam?" I managed to say. 

"You need to leave Donna alone" he said. That was the last straw 

"ME! Leave her alone!! Fuck me!! She came over to me and told me to stay away from you!. I will tell you what I told her. If she comes near me again or I hear she has spoken about me I will deal with her myself. DON'T tell me to leave her alone she is the one who started this but I promise I will be the one to finish it" wow I can't believe that came out of my mouth to Adam. 

"She will not come near you again, I'll make sure of it" he said he spoke so softly and it felt like he still cared. He looked at me for a while then he turned to walk away.

"Adam" I said stopping him in his track. "I want you to know you broken my heart, but I have learnt a lot in my short life, those who hurt others will get what is coming to them, karma has a way of biting people. Remember what you put out comes back 3 fold and because you have hurt me so badly I am sure Karma is on your back. What ever happens from here on in is your Karma" it hurt to say these words but I meant every word and as I said my mum told me be careful what you wish for.

A few weeks later I got home and there was a message on my phone, it was Adam. "Emily, can we please have a chat". I didn't return the call but later that day I heard his car pull up. I looked out the window and saw him getting out, his arm was in a sling. I didn't open the door until a few minutes after he knocked. 
"What do you want Adam?" Were the first words out of my mouth. "Can you please take this curse off me" he said with tears in his eyes. 
"What are you talking about?" I replied. "Emily, in the last few weeks I have broken my arm, smashed two motorbikes and smashed my car, you said Karma would get me and it has" he was almost crying out loud. I looked in him the eyes and said "it's not me who has done this! It is all you" I closed the door and walked away. I did smile but I also didn't want him physically hurt.

I guess it's true through be careful what you wish for.....



0 comments:

Post a Comment